- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals
Bursary program guidelines and regulations
The CMA bursary program is for individual professional development only. Applications for all types of bursaries will be judged on the following criteria:
- The applicant's past achievements and demonstrated competence.
- The eligibility or relevance of the proposed event to museum studies.
- The relevancy of the proposal to the applicant's professional development.
- The applicant's ability to carry out the professional development activity.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, or have held landed immigrant status for 12 months prior to the application deadline.
Application note: You must apply for a bursary BEFORE the event you are planning to attend.
The following are NOT eligible for CMA bursary funding.
- Institutional programs, including exhibition development or related research for such programs.
- Support for speakers or presenters at workshops, seminars, conferences or symposia.
- Learning activities that are part of an academic program leading to a university undergraduate or graduate degree, or a community college diploma.
- Learning activities that have already been completed.
- Support for employees of the Government of Canada, its agencies, and crown corporations. This includes indeterminate, determinate, and contract staff.
- Individuals who have been refused a bursary may apply again at any time providing eligibility requirements are met.
- Applicants cannot apply for the same event two years in a row.
- Only one person per institution will be supported per event.
- A maximum of five bursaries or $5,000 will be awarded for any single professional development event.
- A maximum of five individuals from any one institution will be supported in a year.
- Individuals may receive only one type of bursary from the CMA in any 12-month period, except in the case of Conference bursaries, where only one bursary will be awarded in a 24-month period.
- Funding from all other sources must be declared on the application.
- Exact mileage figures must be given when claiming for the use of an automobile. The mileage rate is determined by the current Treasury Board Secretariat policies.
- All written reports become the property of the CMA and may be reproduced or published with credit given to the author.