We are working to modernize the functionality, appearance and content of our website.
We welcome your views on how we can improve!
- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
Fellows of the CMA
Awards for Volunteers
Nomination and Appointment of New Fellows
Appointment as a Fellow is the highest form of recognition bestowed by the Canadian Museums Association. There can be no more than 50 Fellows at any time, and therefore inclusion in this order indicates significant accomplishment. All nominations are forwarded to the CMA Board of Directors for selection, and the presentation of the title is made at the National Conference.
To be appointed as a fellow, nominees must be, or have been, individual members of the CMA.
November 15 each year.
Nominations must specifically outline each of the following:
A nomination must be made by three sponsors, one of whom must be a Fellow and the others CMA members in good standing.
You simply have to complete and submit the nomination form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form requires the following information: