- Financial services
- Museums Foundation of Canada
- Retail Consortium Program
- Special Projects
- Young Canada Works
- Corporate Members
- Museum Directory
- The Award of Excellence in Philanthropy
- The Awards of Outstanding Achievement
- The Award of Distinguished Service
- The Fellows of the CMA
- The Barbara A. Tyler Award in Museum Leadership
- ICOM Canada's International Achievement Award
- Recognizing Canadian Museum Volunteers
- Dr. Shirley L. Thomson Young Curators Award
- Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Museums: History Alive!
Museum Studies Programs in Canada
As anyone who works in the museums field knows, there are multiple routes to finding work in the sector. There are a variety of professional and academic programs available in Canada that could equip you to work in the museum sector.
Here you will find a listing of programs broken up by province, which includes both degree-based programs and professional development opportunities. It is not a comprehensive list, but rather, an excellent starting place to research your options.
The entries are listed alphabetically by province. This site is an informational directory only. It does not include equivalencies, nor does inclusion constitute endorsement by the Canadian Museums Association. Additional information regarding any of the programs listed can be acquired by contacting the sponsoring agency directly.
Athabasca, Banff, Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Red Deer. View list.
Vancouver, Victoria. View list.
Winnipeg. View list.
Sackville. View list.
Newfoundland and Labrador
St.John's. View list.
Halifax. View list.
Barrie, Guelph, Kingston, London, Ottawa, Peterborough, Scarborough, Toronto, Waterloo, Willowdale, Windsor. View list.
Prince Edward Island
Charlottetown. View list.
Gatineau, Laval, Montreal, Quebec. View list.
Regina. View list.